Useful safari information
Online Tourist Visas
It is essential for Guests intending to visit Uganda for tourism-purposes to apply and obtain a visa online https://visas.immigration.go.ug/
You can get an East –African Tourist Visa in advance which allows you multiple entries to Uganda, Rwanda and Kenya. The cost of the Visa is US$ 100 per person, while US$ 50 per person is charged for a Single Entry Visa.
Yellow Fever Vaccination
It is very crucial for all those entering Uganda | Rwanda | Kenya to produce a valid Yellow Fever Vaccination Card. This card is also part of the Online Tourist Visa documentation submission process.
Tanzania Tourist Visa.
For Guests/Clients who are not Ugandan Passport holders, you will require an entry Visa to Enter Tanzania even when you possess an East African Tourist Visa. The East African Tourist Visa only applies to Uganda, Kenya and Rwanda.
Visa Fees to Tanzania are as follows;
- United Kingdom of Britain Passport Holders Single Entry British £ 40.
- American Passport Holders US$ 100.
- Holders of any Other Passports (excluding the East African Residents) US$50.
- For all our Private Tours, departure dates can be organized any time as long as there is availability of accommodation and Gorilla Permits.
- In case you would like to join a scheduled Tour, Check out our group departure dates.
- Accommodation is also determined by availability and reservations will only be made after your booking, when we book earlier, it’s better because they get reserved!
- But just in case the stated hotels in the itinerary are not available during the requested period, we shall do our best to book you into an accommodation of the same range as your previously stated one. We shall ensure to engage you while we make this arrangement.
- It is not possible to “reserve” Gorilla and Chimpanzee Tracking permits. We can only buy them upon confirmation of your booking and down payment.
What to pack
Do Not Forget to carry the listed items below if you are to Track the Gorillas;
- A rain Coat
- A pair of Gloves
- Long sleeved shirt/top
- Light Weight Jungle boots
- Long Stockings
- Packed lunch (arranged at the lodge)
- Enough drinking water
- some pocket change in case you need a porter to help you carry your bag and stuff while Tracking (highly recommended)
Gorilla permit and entry fees
With Effect from 1st July 2020 Uganda Wildlife Authority will change their tariffs as follows;
- Chimpanzee permits Kibale for a foreign Non-resident from US$ 150 to US$ 200 per person.
- Chimpanzee Habitat from US$ 200 to US$ 250 per person.
- Gorilla permit per person from US$ 600 to US$ 700 person.
Kindly check the link here for more information
Gorilla Tracking Guidelines
- Do not visit the Gorillas if you have any a cold or any other infectious diseases.
- The acceptable age bracket for Gorilla and Chimpanzee Tracking is 15 years and above.
- Each Gorilla Tracking group should be visited by a maximum number of 8 people per group
- While you are with the Gorillas, maintain a 7 Metres distance away from them.
- Smoking and Drinking are not permitted during your visit with the Gorillas
- Visits are limited to a duration of 1 hour with the Gorillas.
- If you must sneeze, kindly cover your face or mouth as Gorillas can easily catch a cold or cough just like the humans.